All about Vietnam tourist visa and business visa for US citizens (Americans)!
Do United States Citizens Need a Visa to Vietnam?
Yes. All US citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam for business or leisure trips.
Vietnam visa types available for US citizens
The US citizens can obtain one of the following types of visa for a leisure or business trip to Vietnam:
- 1 month single entry visa,
- 1 month multiple entry visa,
- 3 months single entry visa,
- 3 months multiple entry visa,
- 1 year multiple entry visa
- US citizens visiting Vietnam under a 1-year tourist visa must leave the country after every 90 days of stay.
- US citizens visiting Vietnam under a 1-year business visa must leave the country after every 6 months of stay.
Due to Covid 19, there is only 1 month single entry visa available for US citizens at this time.
How to Apply for Vietnam Visa for US Citizens
Currently, the US passport holders can get a 30 days single entry tourist visa only which is issued in the form of a loose-leaf visa and must be obtained before departure for Vietnam (it is known as Vietnam e visa or electronic visa).
This type of tourist visa can be applied for online by the applicants themselves or their representatives and is then issued online by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
It normally takes you 3 working days or longer to get this e-visa yourself, depending on the volume of applications submitted to the Vietnam Immigration Department.
BUT in urgent case you want to get an expedited visa for your trip to Vietnam, we are here to help. Our service guarantees that you will get your visa just in 4 working hours.
The process is quite simple as follows:
- You send us your documents: passport scan copy; passport portrait (4x6cm, colored photo, white background, straight looking without glasses); arrival date, arrival airport/border, exit airport/border and make payment.
- We will complete your Vietnam visa forms with the Vietnam Immigration Department and follow up your visa processing.
- We will then download your visa when it is issued and send it to your registered email together with a detailed guide on requirements and regulations on Vietnam entry.
- You will only need to download your visa and show it to the Vietnam Immigration Officer to complete the entry into Vietnam.
It’s easy to follow, right? Let’s get started by chat with us!
P/S: Vietnam tourist visa on arrival has not been resumed yet.